Platinum Debit Card
Benefits and Privileges
- Worldwide Acceptance:
Your Mashreq Al Islami Platinum Debit Card has access to over 27,000 retail outlets in the UAE, one million ATMs and over 24 million retail outlets around the world.
- Daily Cash & withdrawal limits*
Daily ATM Cash Withdrawal limit AED 20,000 Daily Retail Purchase Transaction Limit AED up to 99,000
*The above limits are subject to your available account balance
- Travel Protect - UAE's Best Travel Insurance Buy any air ticket or any travel package with your Mashreq Platinum Debit Card and get Travel insurance with emergency medical expense cover, Wallet protection and more absolutely FREE!
- UAE’s Best Dining Programme: With over 1,900 restaurants in the UAE and 1,300 in Egypt, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain and India, Mashreq Flavours offers you a truly rewarding dining experience.
- Mashreq Privileges: Enjoy exclusive offers on travel, discount offers on selected brands and more with your platinum Debit Card!
- Salaam Rewards: Salaam by Mashreq is a revolutionary new banking programme that earns you Salaam points every time you spend on your platinum Debit Card at home or abroad. For every 2 AED, you earn 1 Salaam Point.
- Visa Platinum Privileges: Your Platinum Debit Card provides you a wide range of lifestyle benefits from dining, travel, pampering and entertainment.
- Enjoy exclusive treatment at a unique portfolio of hotels with Visa Luxury Hotel Collection
- Fabulous Deals at restaurants and cafes in the UAE and abroad
- Special privileges & savings at your favorite brands at partner merchants
- Purchase Protection & Extended Warranty
- Medical and legal referral
- 24x 7 Emergency Assistance when you’re abroad
Card Activation/PIN GenerationYou can activate your Mashreq Al Islami Debit Card in any of the following ways:
- SMS ‘DCA’ [space]Last four digits of your Card to 4250 through the registered mobile number e.g., DCA 3457
- Log on to Mashreq Online
- Call us on +971 4 424 4411
- Visit the nearest Mashreq Branch
You may generate a PIN of your choice from mashreqonline, by clicking on ‘Generate Card PIN’ under ‘Quick Links’ on the right of the screen, calling us on +971 4 4244411 or visiting any of the Mashreq Branches.
- Powered by Chip & Pin security (for new card members and in case of renewals or replacements for existing card members)
Your Mashreq Chip and PIN card provides an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN). The embedded computer chip stores information in a secure, encrypted format, making it more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access the information on the Card. You will be required to enter their PIN when they make a transaction at a chip terminal (and no signature will be required), helping protect the Card from unauthorized use. Chip/PIN is part of a worldwide transition in most countries from magnetic stripe payment cards.
Your PIN is the key to using your new Card. It will become extremely important to remember your PIN, as more and more merchants begin to replace their magnetic stripe point-of-sale terminals with terminals enabled to process chip & PIN cards - and to keep your PIN secure and safe just like you do your Card!
- SMS Alerts – As an additional security, you receive SMS alerts on every retail transaction made on your Debit Card
HELP / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
In case of any query, please call 800-4-GOLD (4653) / 04-424 4411 and find out how we can help.
CHIP & PIN - Debit Card FAQ's
The new Mashreq Debit card is a Chip & PIN card that provides you an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN). The embedded computer chip stores information in a secure, encrypted format, making it more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access the information on the Card.
The chip in the Card requires you to enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) when you make a credit card transaction at stores with chip technology, and no signature is required. So, if your chip Card is lost or stolen, it can't be used by unauthorized users (who don't know your PIN) at stores with chip-enabled terminals.
- Do not let anyone else know or use your PIN
- Never write it down. Use your hand or body to shield the keypad when you enter your PIN.
- Make transactions when and where you feel secure. If in doubt, don't use your Mashreq Debit Card.
- When a transaction is complete, put your Card back in your wallet and take your transaction record.
- Transactions on your Mashreq Chip & PIN Debit Card will be completed faster because in most cases you'll no longer need to sign a transaction slip at stores with chip-enabled terminals.
- The chip in the Card requires you to enter your PIN when you make a transaction at stores with chip technology. So, if your Card is lost or stolen, it can't be used by unauthorized users (who don't know your PIN) at stores with chip-enabled terminals.
When making a purchase at a store with a chip-enabled terminal, you'll be asked to enter your PIN into a keypad instead of signing a receipt. No swiping: your Mashreq Debit Card will be inserted into the terminal and left there until the transaction is complete. If you are making a purchase at a store without a chip-enabled terminal, you can still make purchases with your new Mashreq Chip & PIN Debit Card. In addition to a chip, it will also have a secure magnetic stripe like your old Card. So if you are in a store that doesn't have a chip terminal, you can make transactions as you do now, by signing a receipt. Only you should know your PIN. If a merchant asks you for your PIN do not provide it to him. Ask them to pass the terminal to you so you can enter the PIN.
All you have to do is activate this card and start using it just the way you have been using your earlier debit card. You can use your new card for cash transactions at all ATMs, POS transactions at merchant outlets or use the card for online purchases (only Platinum). You can activate the card by visiting Mashreq Online or you can visit any Mashreq branch.
No, you will have received a new PIN number by mail from the bank. Please use the new PIN number. If you want to change the PIN #, p lease walk into any Mashreq Branch near you and the agent will guide you to change the PIN number. You will need to use only one PIN for all transactions related to your Mashreq Debit Card. The PIN that you will be prompted to enter at merchant outlets in case of a POS transaction is the same as the one you use for ATM withdrawals. Your PIN is the key to using your new Card. It will become extremely important to remember your PIN, as more and more merchants begin to replace their magnetic stripe point-of-sale terminals with terminals enabled to process chip & PIN cards - and to keep your PIN secure and safe just like you do your Card!